March 01, 2010 08:54 PM PST
breaking news: Chile Earthquake/tsunami -
- social media in action: http://chilepersonfinder.appspot.com/ announced by CC Chapman w/in hours from quake
- Skype to the rescue
- CrisisCamp Washington, DC
- Back-alley-level maps for Haiti. Red Cross workers reported that lives were saved from these crowdsourced efforts
- crisiscampDC.ning.com or crisiscommons.org. One active guy is Noel Dickove
Second Life - gets a second wind? http://scobleizer.com/2010/02/23/second-lifes-new-player-builds-toward-web/
Case Studies Online: http://www.casestudiesonline.com/ -
Go-Givers Sell More by Bob Burg & John David Mann: http://bit.ly/awxBOL
February 23, 2010 11:55 AM PST
Twitter spam: Use http://socialtoo.com to fight back
Too many inboxes: just move it all to Gmail - http://courtneyengle.com/2010/02/19/email-to-gmail/
Google Voice: http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/google-voice-explained.html
Disclosures: for anything you earn a profit from by recommending: http://cmp.ly/
NBC Olympic Coverage issues
Pick of the week
February 15, 2010 09:04 PM PST
* Intro Thought:
* The relevance of social media
* Are any businesses "safe" from needing to be online?
* Kevin Smith (from Clerks and other so-so classics) story http://twitter.com/thatkevinsmith, http://silentbobspeaks.com/?p=393
* Is there a formula?
* Established Site: Yelp - http://yelp.com
* Is your business in there?
* Special Offers
* New "check ins"
* iPhone monicle
* New Site: Google Buzz - http://google.com/buzz
* Do you care?
* Should you care?
* Does everything from Google require so much attention?
* Branding issue: - Dave
* Comcast rebrands as Xfinity: http://www.xfinity.com/home/ & http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2358807,00.asp
* Free Thinkers Online
* Pick a site, blog post, book - Seth Godin's blog, http://sethgodin.typepad.com/
* The Attention Economy: Understanding the New Currency of Business, Thomas H Davenport, John C Beck http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1578518717?ie=UTF8&tag=glycoboy-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1578518717
* Third Tribe Marketing http://thirdtribemarketing.com/ -
* Putting the Public Back in Public Relations, Brian Solis http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0137150695?ie=UTF8&tag=complalive-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0137150695